Many businesses need to change terms and conditions of employment, particularly in these tough economic times. Getting it wrong, though, can trigger litigation over claims for breach of contract, constructive dismissal, and failure to inform and consult. Making sure clients understand how sensitive this area is, in both legal and human terms, is a perfect way of securing your bond with those clients.
The lecture covers:-
- variation clauses
- seeking agreement to changes
- finding the consideration – is continuing to work enough?
- dismissing and re-hiring
- constructive dismissal
- the ‘good, sound business reason’
- Problem Area 1: TUPE and harmonisation
- Problem Area 2: Inducements to give up collectively agreed terms