Employers often leave performance management until it is too late. Costly mistakes can be avoided by early management of performance issues. We will help you guide your clients through different ways of managing poor performance, with practical examples and case studies.
The lecture covers:-
- tackling causes of poor performance
- improving the performance culture
- managing individual performance
- capability or conduct?
- what do tribunals expect of managers?
- the Acas Code of Practice
- whether to have a formal capability procedure
- key ingredients of a fair procedure
- opportunity to improve
- the importance of warnings
- dismissals and appeals
- risk management
- record keeping
- linking pay and performance
- case studies